Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Zappos & Amazon sitting in a tree =)


I’ve been feeling so excited, happy and curious at the same time since I got the news about Amazon and Zappos. I think I don’t need to tell my feelings about Zappos from the beginning now, but they’re special for me, you know that.



Now Amazon joined the party, too. And now what? I first had the news as “Amazon Acquires Zappos for bla bla” , and there are also a million news as “Amazon buys Zappos”, but it’s actually not exactly like that.

I’m sure that anyone who knows a few things about Zappos also knows that the thing that creates the “Zappos thing” is their culture, values, the people who were chosen carefully to be a perfect fit to Zappos team and it’s not so easy to acquire all of those by a specific amount of money.

As Tony says in his letter today “I personally would prefer the headline “Zappos and Amazon sitting in a tree…””. And yep, let’s say so. Because when we say so, we’d also mention one of the most powerful partnerships and then it fits the spirit of the transaction more.

I’m sure it’d be perfect for both of these companies that I adore.



They both think about their customers, they both make us want to shop like crazy, and they’re both good at building relationships with us, customers and making us happy in a way. Only their styles differ in these processes.

As Tony also mentioned, Amazon makes us happy with low prices, variety of goods, and convenience in a lot of ways while Zappos makes us happy by developing sincere relationships, friendly connections and WOWing us all the time.

So I’m excited and happy about the future of the shopping with these companies. It’s so peaceful to know that both of these companies are going to do their bests for us, therefore the only thing to do for us is to enjoy it.

And I’m really curious about what are these companies going to learn from each other and how is it going to reflect to us exactly?

Zappos & Amazon! WOW!

What do you think?

No comments: