Saturday, October 9, 2010

Are you a procrastinator?



The intervals between the posts started getting longer..And I thought procrastination would be a good topic start up again..

I noticed that since 5 months, I have been procrastinating anything that I want to do..

I really want to do at least 1 thing from my "Do before you die" list before 2010 ends..May be the list is way too unrealistic..But starting is priceless, isn't it? And I, especially, used the verb "Learn", I don't want to be a pro at each of them, I just want to learn..I just want to start..

Here is a few realistic samples from my utopic list:
-Get a professional camera, learn how to use it
-Learn one more language (Spanish/Italian)
-Learn a dance (Salsa/Tango)
-Yoga certificate
-Learn playing piano
-Trips around the world
-Write a book
-Discover your dream job and do it..

Actually I kind of started..Got a camera..Now it's time for practice..

So procrastination..I tried to think about it and analyze its nature..And I reached the rules below:

«http://www.suberapps.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/05/pto_thumb_300x300.jpg»

The art of procrastination
*Make at least 1 excuse for each specific situation
*Make yourself believe that you will start the other day
*Pity yourself and make yourself believe that you are too tired to start
*Hard part- make others believe that you don't have time and you are too tired to start
*Put small goals before starting work such as watching 1 episode himym, calling a friend, cleaning home (if your main aim is not cleaning)
*Always believe that a time except the moment you are in is a better time to start..

Warning: If you are a good procrastinator, questions such as "Do I really have to do this thing??" starts popping up in your mind and you may end up thinking that you don't really need to do anything -> This is the dangerous part!

Think it as a test; How many items above do you think fits you? If your result is(3-4+), Congratz! You are a procrastinator!

PS: I don't accept any responsibilities.. =)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I believe that five out of six things that defines a procrastinator fits very well. I think your list of doing things are quite acheivable and I will try to do those things, hopefully in the near future.

Thanks and I am expecting a new posting from you soon.

Mohamad